In order to lose weight and look good while you are at college, all you have to do is burn more calories than you consume. Simply huh? This calls for some really serious determination though and making healthy choices every time you eat is not easy. Also, certain tips and tricks can help you stay on track and be focused regarding your weight loss goals.
- The first thing that you can do is start your day by eating some healthy breakfast, yes just like you remoter always says! However, the reality is that by eating breakfast it prevents you from gorging on unhealthy food at the end of, or during the day. Set your alarm for five minutes early each day so that you have time to grab something to eat. Go for eggs, whole wheat bread, cereals, crackers, pasta, etc. and really stay away from foods made from refined flour and rich in sugar. Switch to low fat milk and low fat versions of other dairy products. Eat all the fruit that you like, you can even add some strawberries, blueberries, almonds, etc to your cereals to make it more wholesome and rich in nutrients.
- If you feel hungry in between meals, go for some low fat yogurt or a some fresh fruits. You can even munch on some nuts that contain healthy fats. Stay away from junk and packaged foods out of the machines and fast food stores. Grab some sugarless granola bars to get over that mid-morning slump.
- Eat more chicken, turkey, fish and lean meats instead of steaks, beef, pork, etc. Always make sure you eat the foods that contain the least spices, condiments and oil. Try and go for eggs, beans, lentils, legumes, etc to fill up on protein. This will keep you feeling a lot fuller for a longer period of time reducing the feeling that you are hungry.
- Eat whole wheat crackers dipped in hummus or peanut butter during the afternoons and also grab a salad or a soup. Choose some muffins made out of a mixture of whole wheat grains as well. Stay away from bagels and pretzels, cookies and doughnuts!
- If your college serves unhealthy kinds of foods, try and decide how much of what you can consume to stay fit. Eat smaller portionS and make sure you have some healthy food handy instead of the easy option of potato chips or other unhealthy snacks when the cravings hit. Try eating dinner earlier and if you are up late and feel like eating something, get some crunchy fruit and nuts to gorge on while studying. Get enough sleep and drink enough water to stay on track regarding your weight loss goals.
- While ordering pizzas, go for some veg toppings and cut out the cheese and double topping ones. Eat food that is baked, steamed, roasted, boiled, etc. Stay away from deep fried items. Stay away from too much alcohol and caffeine like tea and coffee.
- Participate in some healthy team activity and get moving. Try walking faster and alternating speeds to burn more calories. Take the stairs instead of the elevators! Make sure you move around in between classes and make the most of your free period by going for a run or hitting the gym. Go for some adventure activities and consciously make an effort to be more active kind of person.
- Eat mindfully and chew and savor each bite, yes, sounds like your mother again…. could it be she was right all along? Do not eat and talk and get distracted. because you will likely end up eating more. Tell your friends about your resolution to lose weight and get their support by helping you watch what you eat.
How to lose weight in college
You can easily stay motivated if you start looking at an older picture of you when you were slimmer. Know what you are doing wrong and analyze your eating habits to eliminate the ones that are killing your goals.Set some realistic limits and restrictions on your partying and find out how you can switch certain foods in your diet with healthier alternatives. Exercise and stay motivated to lose weight and keep it off. The answers are simple but it takes your application to pull it off…. just like your reason for being at college!
Here’s To Your Natural health!